3.30.2009

Why Excuses Are Lame...

It's so easy to come up with reasons NOT to work out. Lack of time most commonly tops the list...
Try this for a little motivation:

Make a list of 10 reasons why you didn't or don't work out. Then, go here and see if your reasons are legit...Mine weren't. Here's a sample:

1. I'm too tired to go to the gym.
38. Gives you more energy to meet the demands of daily life, and provides you with a reserve to meet the demands of unexpected emergencies.
40. Helps you sleep easier and better..
2. I don't have enough money to get a gym pass.
33.Reduces medical and healthcare expenses.
3. I get sick when I'm pregnant.
20. Helps relieve many of the common discomforts of pregnancy
4. I have a headache.
8. Can help relieve the pain of tension headaches -- perhaps the most common type of headache.
5. I hurt my knee.
13. Increases the density and breaking strength of ligaments and tendons.

3 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

Are you pregnant?

lizdye said...

will you make me go to the gym? Prego is always my excuse...and Eddy gets sick every time I take him to the daycare. Yoga has been my thing lately, i feel really good after but I dont feel like Im getting a screamin workout...help.

TPlayer said...

Was that last excuse directed toward me? i really DID hurt my knee, but I'd say the physical therapist is sufficiently kicking my butt at their gym so I don't feel like it's a completely lame excuse. I'll be back soon enough