7.22.2009

Book Review #1: French Women Don't Get Fat

If you have any issues with the pride (sometimes called snobbishness) associated with the French culture, this book may drive you crazy. However, if you don't care about that, this book is very informative, fun to read, and has some great ideas about creating a healthy self-concept and relationship with food.
The reason I recommend this book to my clients and friends is that I feel that too often we tend to look for diet "fixes" rather than dealing with the problems we have with food. I'm not a big proponent of diets in the traditional sense. I STRONGLY disagree with the HCG diet fad going on right now, nor am I a believer in the Atkins concept. I understand that people get results with these diets. My problem is with what happens to them after the diet.

Thus, this book. I feel like it helps readers realize how important food is, and how enjoyable it can be. I'm a major food lover. I really, really, really love it, and I wish everyone could love food AND love the way it makes them feel.

Read it.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I have not read the book (I need to) but I love the concept. I'll pick it up soon.