7.22.2009

Particular to Pregnancy #1: Stretches

The best part of working out to me is the pre- and post-workout stretch. I love feeling relaxed after a good workout, and I love not getting injured. However, I find that some of my favorite stretches are slightly...awkward with this watermelon strapped to my tummy. Here are some nice pregnant-friendly stretches.



If you are planning on going for a natural or unmedicated birth, it's especially important to make sure you're feeling physically prepared (read: limber) for the event. I'd encourage a yoga class for at least 3 months before baby's arrival...it doesn't even have to be a prenatal yoga class as long as your instructor is aware that you're expecting so they can tailor the workout for you.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I have been doing yoga, it really makes a difference I think. I can feel it when I skip for a few days. I hear the cat/dog positions get the baby to flip over if its posterior too.