3.16.2010

Day 15: At Home Workout...Finally!

I have another sick kid (again...) so I couldn't get the the gym (again...). Luckily, thanks to my propensity to hoard workout equipment, I was able to do the entire workout at home. All I used was a chair, a step, a Swiss ball (exercise ball), 12 lb, 10 lb and 5 lb weights, and a resistance band.

I mixed it up and started plugging in some of my own recipes (still healthy) but was disappointed in the steak pitas we had for dinner. I was expecting much more flavor. C'est la vie.

So, here is the workout...Compliments of Jillian.

Swiss Ball Pushups - 10 reps
Pushups - till muscle failure (this was like 20 for me)
Cable Leg extensions - (I modified by tying a resistance band around my living room chair foot and using the handle on my foot) 10 reps on each leg
Step Plyos - perform for 1 minute

Dumbbell Press on Swiss Ball - 10 reps alternating arms (do heaviest weights you can)
Half Crow Pushups (FAVORITE) - 5 reps on each leg
Harpies - 20 reps
Jump Squats - 10 Reps
Warrior Pose with Tricep Press - Peform for 30 seconds on each leg

Dips - till muscle failure
Hanging Abs - 15 reps on each side (modified this and did hanging abs with a twist on our pullup bar)
Static Lunges with lateral shoulder raise - 10 reps on each leg (20 total)
Side step plyos - 1 minutes

Pike Pushups (HOLY SMOKES, SO HARD) - 10 reps
Squat and Military Press - 10 reps
Dropsies - 8 reps on each leg (did this on a kitchen chair)
Jumprope - 1 minute

Bench dips with feet on body ball - 20 reps
Bicycle crunches - 30 on each side
Plank Twists - 20 reps on each side
Boat Pose - hold for 30 seconds

After finishing the workout, I was sweating so much that I had to go outside for a quick walk. I looked up at the stars and remembered how much I like looking at the stars...Something I'll have to pick up again. I don't usually go outside past Andrew's bedtime. Or when it's cold. So, it's been a while. Yay, nature.

No comments: