3.19.2010

Days 16-19: Losing Focus?

We've been in the middle of a huge battle at our house called POTTY TRAINING. I will admit, my mind has been in the toilet more than on my workouts.

That being said, the workouts this week have been pretty good. I hurt my shoulder on Monday, and then hurt my foot on Tuesday (don't know how either thing happened), but I'm still fighting through it.

Today (Friday), I'm doing a modified workout to see if I can stay off my foot as much as possible while still doing cardio. Don't be surprised if I have a bulging left calf after this week. :)

The food has been great. I modified most of the recipes this week to fit with the produce we got in our food co-op, but the food has still been great. We had good hummus and veggies/pitas for lunch today, breakfast burritos sin queso this morning (our cheese was YUCKY), and some other salads and chicken dishes earlier in the week.

I've made a discovery with this program: I really do enjoy exercising and eating well. If I didn't, I think this program would be much more of a stretch for me. So, my suggestion? You have to be COMPLETELY dedicated mentally for this program to work for you. Because if you spend the whole 30 days thinking about not really being able to eat out, eat treats, or have a lazy day, I think you'd go crazy. It is working really well for me, but I don't know that I'd suggest it to a casual exerciser who is just interested in maintaining. I'd suggest something more along the lines of Core Performance or maybe Body for Life.

No comments: