8.03.2009

Particular to Pregnancy #4: Classes

Taking a class is a good way to stay motivated while you're expecting. Oftentimes, the teacher will give you specific instructions of what to avoid to keep you and your baby safe and happy while you're working out. If you have a normal pregnancy with few complications, you can do pretty much whatever you want, within reason, at the gym.

Here is the schedule of workouts I did last week, just for an idea of what may work well for you.

Monday: 1 hour cycling class + 30 minute run
Tuesday: day off so I can spend it with my husbie
Wednesday: 1 hour yoga + 30 minute run
Thursday: 1 hour power pump (weight lifting) + 30 minute run
Friday: 45 minute run + 45 minute weight training
Saturday: recreational swimming with the fam

(Mind you, I usually don't run this much, but I'm doing a distance challenge and I want to WIN...)

Go to a class! You'll like it!

2 comments:

Jill said...

you're my idol.

Jill said...

also, my coworker told me that when i'm pregnant i shouldn't get my heart rate above 135. lies?