3.05.2010

Day 4 - Bean and Cheese Burritos? Holy smokes.

I've been looking forward to this day all week. I am so glad that I get to eat a burrito.

So, the workout today was mentally tough for me, mostly because my kids were struggling and Andrew didn't want to go to the gym daycare. I ended up pawning both kids on two different neighbors and went to work out in the clubhouse. It was snowing like crazy, so carrying all my equipment into the gym and back out was a little bit of a rough go...

But, the workout ended up being AWESOME! It was a repeat of Monday, so I got through it much faster since I was familiar with everything, and it was much easier doing it with a treadmill right close so I didn't have to run across the whole gym fifty times.

I found a new love for froggy pushups. They are super fun and challenging. Also, I figured out a little modification for the side plank/inner thigh raises so I can actually do them. Because apparently my inner thigh muscle is basically non-existent.

On to the food...

So, here's the recipe for this bean and cheese burrito, which I would HIGHLY recommend.

1/2 c. fat free sour cream mixed with 1 chopped chipotle chile. Let that sit for like 1o minutes while you do the rest.

Take a 15 oz. can of black beans and drain/rinse. Then divide and mash half of them in a food processor and leave the other half whole.

Combine beans and sour cream mixture. Spread 1/4 of the mixture into a whole wheat tortilla and roll it up. (This recipe makes 4 servings.) Put them in a baking dish, cover with 1 cup of low-sodium salsa, and then sprinkle 1/2 c. monterey jack over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

Hello, my love.

No comments: